What You Need:
- White glue or school glue
- Food coloring (optional)
- Two bowls
What You Do:
- In one bowl mix 1/2 cup (4 oz) glue and 1/2 cup water. Add food coloring if you want colored slime.
- In the other bowl, mix 1 teaspoon borax with 1 cup water until the borax is dissolved.
- Add the glue mixture to the borax solution, stirring slowly.
- The slime will begin to form immediately; stir as much as you can, then dig in and knead it with your hands until it gets less sticky. (No one makes slime without getting a little messy!) Don't worry about any leftover water in the bowl; just pour it out.
Results:The glue has an ingredient called polyvinyl acetate, which is a liquid polymer. The borax links the polyvinyl acetate molecules to each other, creating one large, flexible polymer. This kind of slime will get stiffer and more like putty the more you play with it.
Store it in a plastic bag in the fridge, to keep it from growing mold.